Fri 17 to Sun 19 September 2021

Hash Bash Away weekend - POSTPONED

Hash Bash, Littlehampton, September 17-19th.

As many of you are aware, yesterday we were informed that the YHA have been only accepting exclusive bookings (ie the whole place by one group) since May and that this arrangement has been extended until the end of the year.

As far as I am aware, there were 14 adults booked in. Since the announcement that number has probably reduced to 8 or 9.

Given that attendees to the Bash, who are not in the YHA, would have made their own arrangements some time ago, I think the chances of recruiting others to join are fairly slim. Which means the cost to stay at the YHA would rise significantly for those who chose to remain.

Based on what I read in the news, demand for holiday accommodation in this country is very high. So, the chances of finding alternative accommodation is slim and the cost likely to be exorbitant.

The are also a proportion of the usual attendees who will be deterred by Covid.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause, but unless anyone has a credible alternative plan, I am minded to postpone the Bash, again, until 2022. Hopefully, by then, life will be more normal.

In which case, we would canvas for the most popular date, as we have done previously.